Located on eight hectares of land in rural Victoria, Australia, the Briertys found a total energy solution to their frequent blackouts and rising electricity costs.
With quality, affordability and simplicity forefront of mind, Ross called Diamond Energy, the Briertys electricity retailer that specializes in innovative, renewable solutions, to discuss energy generation and storage options.
Diamond Energy proposed Ross and his family take advantage of their new innovative Home Shield® product which, as an official partner of Q CELLS, allowed for the Briertys to install a complete renewable energy voltage control package under one seamless program.
Ross explained: “We put a lot of trust in Diamond Energy because of how they’ve handled our electricity needs over the last five years. When they suggested Q CELLS’ newest all-in-one solar PV and energy storage system, and we did some further research, it seemed like they truly found us the best in the market.”
The Briertys selected a package that would deliver the ultimate renewable energy independence with Q CELLS high-quality products:
• Installation of premium quality, Q CELLS Q.PEAK DUO-G5 solar panels
• Australia’s first fully-wrapped hybrid inverter and battery system, Q.HOME+ESS HYB-G2, to store excess solar
generation - able to provide backup functionality (~12 hours)
• A scalable design allowing for up to 6 kW PV with up to 12 kWh of storage
• Voltage control and lightning protection from the Edge IQ controllers
• Onsite generation that can meet more than 50% of consumption
“It was great that all of our vital power-uses are able to be supported by the battery. Not only does it only take up about as much space as a wall heater, but we have plenty of room to expand our battery capacity when we want to,” said Ross.
Thanks to its durable IP65 rating, Q.HOME’s sturdy and aesthetically pleasing construction made it ready for installation indoors or outdoors. The inverter and battery units were installed in a detached shed on the property, with the solar panels installed on the roof.
• Home energy demand reduced by 78.94% thanks to Q CELLS PV panels paired with Q.HOME.
• Early indicators show that the Q.PEAK DUO-G5 is totaling PV production of 24.47 kWh
• 32.9% of total PV production was utilized by the property, either used by load or stored. The rest
(17.65 kWh) was exported to grid.
• The home only needs to import an average of 2.32 kWh from the grid per day.
Q CELLS' technical support team was on hand to help troubleshoot with the installer an issue with the switchboard in the early days of the installation -
highlighting Q CELLS’ agility in dealing with technical issues.
“This could very well be the future of solar – great technology, great results, all products under one warranty and one point of call to help,” said Ross.
“Having everything all under one supplier is really important.”
Source | Q CELLS Australia